The 7 Key Indicators
The approach uses seven indicators to measure Employee Engagement and by implication the impact of leadership in your company.
Play Video: "What are the Indicators of BP2W?"
Infographic: 7 Steps to Create Greater Levels of Employee Engagement
People who are well led:
- Feel Valued – they feel appreciated and appropriately rewarded – people believe in them – they are made to feel special and hence they act special.
- Are Open – they are receptive to new ideas and engage in genuine two-way communication – can talk freely about a wide range of topics including those delicate and difficult issues.
- Engage in Feedback – they recognise the importance of regular constructive feedback to improving performance levels.
- Are Motivated – their abilities are recognised and utilised – they have positive feelings about the job and their colleagues and have an intrinsic drive to achieve and support each other.
- Manage Differences – they create collaborative relationships with colleagues and ensure that differences are not allowed to get in the way but are seen as a source of strength.
- Take Ownership – they take ownership for getting their needs met rather than moan behind backs. They view leadership as a partnership and take joint responsibility with the leader for being led.
- Are Conflict Free – they engage in proactive feedback and hence dysfunctional conflict is minimised and time is not wasted.
An Even Better Place to WorkTM quickly creates a well-led, motivated and highly productive workforce.